Monday, June 4, 2007







I have never seen the entire Bruce Almighty movie. I have heard mixed reviews. With a movie like that, a sequel usually is not a good thing. However, the first reason that I will go see Evan Almighty is Steve Carrell. I love The Office and everything I have seen him in so far. But, Evan Almighty was also filmed in Crozet, just outside of Charlottesville. (the director went to UVa) Last June, when we were coming back from our 1 year anniversary trip, we stopped in to the "set." The filming was pretty much over at this point, but the massive ark was still there:





























You can't really tell how big it is in these pictures. In this one, there are about 8 bales of hay stacked up under the ramp. Maybe that helps to put it into perspective a little bit.










This house is also a main part of the set.








I heard people talk about going out there and seeing giraffes and all kinds of animals, but I never got myself together enough to go out and see all that. The previews for the movie are showing now, and it's cool just to see the ark and know that we were there. Also, it's a beautiful area with scenic mountains, so when there are shots of the landscape it looks familiar. The Young Life Golf Tournament took place a few weeks ago at the Old Trail Golf Course, which is in the neighborhood where the movie was shot. There are some pictures that show the scenery here. So, we'll see how the movie is...

No comments: