Thursday, January 8, 2009

Check out these guns

Eliza and I headed back to the gym last week. I'm not ready to leave her in the child care there, but fortunately they have some great options for exercise I can do WITH her. One day a week we'll be doing Strollerfit. It's inside for now, but will be outside when the weather warms up. You get a workout pushing the stroller, but also "park" it for some of the time and work with weights, medicine ball, jump ropes, etc. It's a really good workout. Eliza just slept through it, but it looks like older babies enjoy watching their moms move around.

Mommymuscle is our other class. I wear Eliza in the BabyBjorn and work with different weights and bands. She just slept through the whole thing. I was definitely sore after the first class, so I'm looking forward to going back this week and building up some muscle again.

On another note, you'll recall a previous post involving the dogs and 100 calorie packs. Well, this morning I went out to start the car since there was frost. I came back in and a single 100 calorie pack was sitting on the floor next to the car seat and the 2 dogs. I had maybe been gone 30 seconds! (I hadn't "dog-proofed" yet) I thought the dogs were being attentive to Eliza until I noticed it on the floor. Fortunately it hadn't been opened yet. It's hard to say who actually got it out, but I am thinking Hazel. She has a tendency to look guilty no matter what though.

No comments: