Thursday, February 26, 2009

Strollers


Before Eliza was born, we decided to just get a stroller frame for the car seat and look into stroller a little more before it got warm. The frame has been great. It's lightweight, I keep it in the car, and it works for Strollerfit for now. As Eliza is getting bigger and it's getting warmer out, I am ready for something more though. We didn't want to spend a lot, so I looked around and ordered a Kolcraft stroller that was pretty cheap, but had features like the fancy ones. Well, it sat in the box in our foyer for 2 weeks, then we finally got around to putting it together this week. Obviously it cost less, so we weren't expecting a Bugaboo. (even though you could switch the seat to face forward or backward) Long story short...it is really cheaply made and we realized we need to spend more money on a stroller.
So now I am looking at a BOB . I know the brand and it seems to have good reviews. I want something mainly for walking, but I would like to be able to jog with it. I also want it to be somewhat lightweight so that it's easy to get in and out of the car. So, I am wondering if anybody out there has thoughts/comments about it?? It's supposed to be 60 degrees today so I am ready to get moving on this!

4 comments:

LISTUMAG said...

I have a BOB revolution double stroller and I love it. It is very easy to turn, especially when the front wheel is unlocked. It works great for jogging if you lock the front wheel. It doesn't feel very heavy at all when you are pushing it. The only issue is that they are pretty heavy for getting in and out of the car. I only use it at home or if I am going to go to the trails by the lake for running. For regular outings I started putting Elliebeth in a $20 umbrella stroller at about 4 months. She likes it and it is very easy to fold up and toss in the car. I have decided that there is no perfect stroller out there. We've been through tons of strollers. Craigslist is great for buying and selling strollers. Good luck.

EC said...

I know I'm totally more of a novice than you, but we got the maclaren quest for Carter after much consideration of other choices. It met the criteria of 1. lasting the majority of his stroller riding years and thus not needing to invest in multiple strollers, 2. being lightweight, easy to carry around, and folding smaller than many others, 3. everything I've ever heard about them has been great, 4. durability to withstand abuse from his 10 and 8 year old brothers, and 5. I like the way it looks. I actually put him in it for the first time today and went for a walk, and it handled great and he really liked it. It does not meet the criteria of being able to jog with it, so that might be a deal killer for you. Anyway, you're welcome to borrow it if you want to try it out. Just my 2 cents.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The BOB is expensive, but awesome, pushed the twins through the 7 inches of snow yesterday. And Lacy uses it for jogging a good bit, although that's getting tougher with the Massanutten hills and the weight gaining kiddos. We do have an umbrella for keeping in the car-it's a double Jeep ($89). Hope y'all are well and hopefully we'll see you in C-ville soon. No luck yet with the houses.