Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Eliza's 4th Birthday

Our sweet Eliza P turned 4 on November 10th!  It's hard to believe it's been 4 years since she arrived and made us parents.  She has taught us so much.  She is such a tender spirit, who sees a horse in a field and wonders if the horse is lonely.  She loves to make families of animals, or even pencils that look the same.  We love to hear her sing and tell stories. 

We got her a doll house for her birthday and she was so excited, despite being sick.  When she woke up that morning, she put on her "I am 4" shirt that had been waiting in her drawer for her special day.

Both kids had croup, so only family came over for lunch that day.

Papillion Party










The next week (when everyone was all better) we had her friends over to make papillions and decorate cupcakes.











Leftover cupcakes...




3 comments:

Lucy said...

This is so cute!! I am just seeing this, but I love the kids' shirts. Where did you get those?

Our girls would be fast friends, no doubt. Sweet, mother hens to feisty little brothers. I keep telling myself George will make Frances into a strong woman : )

The Saunderses said...

Lucy, I do often think our kids would have fun together when I read your blog! Maybe sometime when we are in Midlo we can get them together. The shirts are from Old Navy. I haven't seen them in the store but they should still be online.

Lucy said...

That would be great! Send me an email the next time you're in town and have some time to get together (lucy.homiller@gmail.com). It sounds like you stay very close to where we live.